In the field of power generation, transmission and distribution systems SAHCO has provided a complete range of engineering and project management services independently and/or in collaboration with foreign companies. These include 230x132KV, 132x33KV and 33/11KV Sub-stations and their inter-connected 230KV, 132KV & 33KV (Underground) Transmission Lines under Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB), Power Grid Company of Bangladesh Limited (PGCB), Dhaka Electric Supply Authority (DESA), Rural Electrification Board (REB), Dhaka Electric Supply Company (DESCO), etc. SAHCO also implemented Greater Dhaka Power Distribution Project (Phase-II), Greater Khulna Power Distribution Project (Phase-I) and expansion project at Rajshahi, Natore, Ishwardi, Shahjadpur, Tongi and Chittagong in association with M/s. Lucky Engineering Company (LEC), Korea. SAHCO also installed a large number of Grid Sub-stations and Distribution Sub-stations in association with M/s. Hyosung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., Korea under 18 Town Power Distribution Project, 7 Transmission Lines Project and 9th Power Project under ADB Loan.
SAHCO has supplied more than 50 complete 33/11KV Sub-stations and various types of distribution transformers to Rural Electrification Board (REB) to provide power to remote areas of the country. These experiences helped SAHCO develop an extensive knowledge of wide variety of plants & equipment, site conditions, construction methods, erection, utilities and system design.
SAHCO has successfully completed a large number of projects in the power sector of Bangladesh during last three decades. It was involved in several power projects in the country under different categories of financing including Suppliers' Credit, Asian Development Bank (ADB) loan and International Development Agency (IDA) credit.
Some major power projects implemented by SAHCO in association with its foreign principals are as follows:
Under Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB)
Under Power Grid Company of Bangladesh (PGCB)
- Extension of 230/132KV Hathazari Sub-station and Construction of 132/33KV Comilla (North) and Baraulia Sub-stations under GOB fund on turnkey basis.
- Site Development for 3X450MW Meghnaghat Combined Cycle Power Plant Project under GOB fund on turnkey basis through earth filling by dredger.
- Barapukuria 2X125MW Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plant Project on Supplier's Credit on turnkey basis.
- Renovation, Rehabilitation and Augmentation of 29 Grid Sub-stations and 819 Km Transmission Lines on Supplier's Credit on turnkey basis.
Under Dhaka Electric Supply Authority (DESA)
- Supply of 230KV ACSR & AACSR Conductors, Earthwire and Accessories under ADB loan.
- Turnkey installation of 230KV Meghnaghat-Comilla Overhead Transmission Line under ADB loan.
- Extension of 230/132KV Haripur and Comilla Sub-stations under ADB loan on turnkey basis.
- Turnkey installation of 230/132KV Amin Bazar Sub-station under ADB loan.
Under Rural Electrification Board (REB)
- Turnkey installation of 33KV XLPE Underground Cables, under ADB loan.
- Turnkey installation of 132/33KV Sub-stations at Moghbazar, Saidabad and Basundhara under ADB loan.
- Supply of Distribution Transformers of different capacities under USAID.
- Supply of Distribution Transformers of different capacities under IDA Credit.
- Supply of 33KV & 11KV Overhead Conductors under IDA Credit.
- Supply of 33/11KV Package Type Sub-stations under Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) loan.
- Supply of Electrical Materials under USAID.